Saturday, February 13, 2010

I only have a second but...

I have to finish making dinner, Brian wants to play a game on the computer, and I have to start getting ready to go out with Katy and Molly tonight...which I am pretty psyched about. I just wanted to write real quick and let everyone know that for the first time in two weeks I have a little bit of good news about Mom. The Lactalose is supposed to work in only 24-48 hours, and today makes 48 hours since her first dose, and it has helped! She definitely isn't 100% as far as her mind goes yet but she is much improved from the last few previous days. She even seems to be getting a little stronger as well, again the improvement isn't massive, and at times it's pretty subtle, but it's improvement none the less and I will take any of it we can get. Of course I will be writing again soon, but hopefully not tonight - I am really crossing my fingers that when I get home I'm able to fall asleep tonight - maybe getting out of the house is what can help with the insomnia, getting a mental break for a few hours. If not though I'll obviously write more tonight, as usual.
A REAL quick comment about a friend of mine though, and fuck anonymity it's Steve-O. He's in Kuwait right now, and was told to check out my blog from Katy. He ended up reading every word of this, which if you've followed at all you know is A LOT to read. He ended up e-mailing me about it today and it meant a lot to hear what he had to say, how non-judgemental he was, how convincing he even was that Jim and I truly are toxic for one another and that I'll be a more successful and happy person once I let go of our relationship once and for all. Steve and I have known each other for quite a few years, and have had a definite love/hate relationship...but like I said it meant so much to hear from him today...he's been in the service for quite a few years, and I've only seen him randomly in all that time when he's home on leave - so there was so much about the last few years of my story that he really was in the dark about...and for him to finally know so much and to not think terribly awful things of me now that he does know, was just really awesome. So Steve thank you, again it really made my day to read your message.
Lastly - I posted a comment on face book last night that I should share here - I talked to Katy earlier about when we were meeting up and everything and she was still laughing after reading it, so it obviously was a little humorous, so here is my attempt at humor for the day : 6 years ago today Jim asked me if I would spend the rest of my life with him, and said all he wanted was to be my husband until he was old...well I didn't know he thought 27 was so old, but it wasn't what I had in mind...I just hate Valentines Day - I always have, I hope if Jim has a big special night planned for some new girl, that I don't even know if she exists; he gets the initials for Valentines Day - VD ;o)

Later everyone, I'll be writing soon...don't forget it you read these, click on the link to follow it, and make a comment every once in awhile. I'm sharing everything with you all, so at least let me know what you think from time to time, and who is actually the one's who read my writings...thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy with godd news of your mom.
Hope the night was good

Coralie

Unknown said...

Love/Hate, or love-to-hate? Haha, it's ok, everyone knows I'm an asshole (especially you). I didn't think that my opinions, advice, and encouragement would mean so much, but I'm glad it struck home and has a positive effect on you. It sounds to me that you're making a lot of progress in getting yourself back to what I think is the real you. You'd better keep it up, fuck the odds.

Krista said...

sorry meant hate/hate - lol