Sunday, March 7, 2010

A little ego boost I suppose

Long story short, growing up I was the "ugly duckling." Maybe not even the ugly duckling, but definitely the awkward and ostracized one. Boys didn't like me, girls we mean to me. But then when I was 15, just out of pure bordum I entered a pageant, I was 1 out of 12,500 ish applicants to be accepted to compete in Miss Teen NY, held at the Omni on Albany. It was pretty great, gave me a nice little boost of confidence and lessened the frequency of those "picking myself apart and wishing I was anyone else moments." I only made it to the top 15, in the pageant and the road ended there. But I had a BLAST, it was so much fun, it was a great experience...and I wasn't for a second upset that I didn't win because I was still just in so much shock that I was picked in the first place. A few years went by and I decided to give the modeling thing a shot. Hard for someone living in North Creek NY, with zero experience and funds to get started...but I tried. I found some amazing photographers who were either willing to pay me cash or free prints to shoot with them, and I even found a manager to represent me out in West Virginia - where I traveled all expenses paid to go meet with and shoot with his photographer. My manager had a connection with a big wig at Maxim magazine and it looked like I was going to be getting a 2 page layout there - but I had to be 21 first. Coors Light is Maxim's biggest sponsor, therefor you have to be 21 to even be in the magazine. Long story short, I got pregnant when I was 21, and ended up forgetting about the whole thing. No, I don't want to be a model now. I think an ice cube chill in in hell would have more of a chance of surviving in that market then I would...plus 26 is ancient in the modeling world. But sometimes I do like to look at those pics and give myself a little boost and think that possibly I really was a pretty girl who stood out a little from the crowd. Well today I did just that. Maybe it's the Jim thing, or it could just be that I feel down and out and definitely unattractive these days...but I looked, teared up a little, and now I'm giving myself a little ego boost and sharing them with you :O) Seriously though, check the pics out and see how much younger I was, how certain things have changed, while others are still there about my appearance. Also of course positive feedback is much acceptable, tell me as much as you'd like how cool these pics are :O) So click on the link dammit http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?id=55850 if for some reason that link doesn't work, go to www.onemodelplace.com and just type in 55850 for model id number. Let me know whatcha thought. ME