Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I wrote this in 2007 -

Sometimes I don't feel like writing so when that happens from here on out I'll post a really old entry in my old myspace blog....some are kind of fun to read after such a long time, some sad, but most are at least semi-interesting...
Friends.

I'm really beginning to count my blessings and am considering myself a very lucky person to have so many amazing friends. We'll start with the obvious, and how fortunate I am and have been since I was 16 years old to have my dear friend Ellis in my life...constants like that are so hard to come by!

The other night I had a little BBQ, in which I was able to spend time with some people I haven't seen in forever. Molly, who I do see occasionally, but usually for short periods of time...it was so very nice to spend hours with her in a social setting, and it just reminds me why we've been friends for so many years, and how much fun we have together. Caitlin is home for the summer, doing a law internship with our very own DA...my little Cait is so smart :O) But it's truly awesome having her so close again...I've grown up with her only yards away from my door step, so after all these years it's nice to have that luxery again! And finally Eli...whom I hadn't seen since my wedding reception about 2 1/2 years ago. I've written blogs before about how much I miss "the guys" and Eli was always either mentioned or implied when I'd say that. So the other day we were talking online and I mentioned how much I'd love to see him, and he had been contemplating a visit home anyhow, so the next day he drove home from Lake Placid. He couldn't get over how much my life had changed, and I couldn't get over how he was still very much the same Eli who I have been friends with for years. He's a halarious guy, who's so fun to be around...and it was just really great to have him here for the night, and to catch up...hopefully it won't take another 2+ years for our next visit...but at least now I know that even if it does, we can pick up and still be friends no matter how much time between visits.

Also I was granted a surprise visit from a very good and old friend, Jen Wescott. Her, her husband, Justin, and her beautiful 9 month old Son, Drake...showed up at my apartment completely out of the blue last week. I hadn't seen her in 3 years...but speak with frequently. It was a huge shock, and a great surprise to see her pull into my driveway, and I was so very excited.

I've also ran into and heard from so many people who have checked in after hearing about Ellis. Many people know how close of friends we are, so many have called or contacted me after hearing the news of his condition. People truly do "come out of the woodwork" during hard times, and it's so comforting to know that people care and are concerned.

So even though most of the time I'm super sad and mopey, lately...I do notice all the good that comes from situations like this...and find so much comfort and joy in being around friends...especially friends who i've known for decades.

So even though it's June and not January first, I feel like making a resolution. It's simply to try harder to keep in better touch with the people that matter so much...friends.

No comments: