Saturday, April 24, 2010

it's been way too long

I only have a few minutes but I needed to check in quick because I know how long it has been since I've done that, I suck! Anyhow for a quick update...

Mom's doing much better, not drinking, good outlook most of the time, getting out daily, and simply health wise a million times better then even the last time I wrote.

Dad went into the hospital last week, for the same problems he's pretty much always gone in for. They kept in a little while and two days ago he was transported to Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital in Schenectady (yep of all places.) It is ranked really high up for the best place for Pulmonary rehabilitation in the Country, so we have some decent hopes for improvement. They simply work with him about doing daily things around the house, dressing, walking, breathing techniques, physical therapy, etc. I think we had gotten to the point where it was either something like this or a nursing home, so this is a much better alternative. He already is showing some signs of improvement, if nothing else he is really stepping up and trying so that alone is big...for awhile it seemed as if he was just giving up. So that's pretty good news, we're not exactly sure how long he will be there but about 2 weeks I think.

Brian is doing very well...I'm not sure what to even write about the little rug rat :-) He's happy, healthy and beautiful, and LOVING the nice weather.

I'm seeing someone. It's only been a few weeks but I'm very interested and I care a lot about him, Brian really likes him, and he is pretty damn sweet to me...I'm not going to project, but I really think and hope that things with us will continue for awhile and progress with time. It's so amazing though, just the whole "new" thing, that I never planned on feeling again after I married Jim. The butterflies and excitement, all of it. He's also very cute if I didn't mention that before, lol. But I'm not going to go on and on about it, it's still very early. But for now I'm happy and looking fwd and optimisstic for a change, and I'm loving it.

Jim is still with his G/F and still having a difficult time even being civil....seeing Bri about twice a week. Eh I don't even want to mention it so that's it.

I've been going to a lot more meetings, which also makes me feel so much more hopeful and well. It's like medicine that I sometimes forget but when I take it I automatically feel great again, if that makes sense? But I've traveled to Saratoga for a few, obviously Glens Falls, but I love the mtg's, love the people, love everything I hear, I just love them - so it's good that i'm back in the rooms at least 2 or 3 times a week again.

I gotta go...actually to pick up the Guy - he's spending the weekend with me, mom and Brian, lol...should be awesome and i'm pretty psyched, so I'm not going to be late... :-)

I really will try and start to write more, promise....I miss doing it, hearing from people who read it and so on. I love you all and have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read this good news
Coralie